Ready Readers in the News
- Teacher, Gail Havens, from the SLPS Shenandoah Elementary School preschool classroom, is interviewed on 90.7 FM, St. Louis Public Radio, about the Ready Readers program. Click here: Ready_Readers_2_mixdown
- Our Executive Director, Lisa Greening, was interviewed on Fox 2 News about our Imaginary Theatre Company (ITC) Fundraiser, which raised $12,455!
- Ready Readers is selected as the KMOX Voice of Caring partner during March.
- Thanks to KSDK News Channel 5, Ready Readers was featured on television spots and in print as the recipient of a month-long book drive, where we received close to 10,000 gently used books! Thank you!
- Our Executive Director, Lisa Greenings editorial, Give Young Children the Gift of Reading was published in the St. Louis Post Dispatch, September 26, 2013.
- Executive Director, Lisa Greening featured in the St. Louis Post Dispatch article, Mother instills love reading in her children, preschoolers across the region, July 29, 2012, where she shares how she inspires a love of reading in her own family. Read the article here.
- Ready Readers’ founder, Pat Simons, recognized by The St. Louis Jewish Light as a 2012 Unsung Hero. Read the article here.
- Jeremy Abraham shares his Ready Readers volunteer experience with St. Louis Jewish Light. Read it here.
- Ladue News Charity Spotlight currently has a wonderful feature on Ready Readers. Click the link below to read about the background of Ready Readers, how Ready Readers serves thousands of pre-school age kids, and the goal to increase the number of children served as well as expand into new communities!http://www.laduenews.com/society/charities-nonprofits/charity-spotlight-ready-readers/article_9d4e44de-f842-11e1-889b-0019bb30f31a.html
- Roberta Gutwein wrote an editorial mentioning Ready Readers for the St. Louis Jewish Light, September 19, 2012. Read it here!
- Audrey Fleissig, a Ready Readers founding Board member, wrote an article, Judging Amy, Oy magazine, St. Louis Jewish Light, December 12, 2012.
- (March 2011) Ready Readers and the St. Louis Rams help St. Louis City preschoolers celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday!
- Isaac Bruce, former St. Louis Rams wide receiver, read the classic, “The Little Engine That Could” to students at Dunbar School on November 17th. In partnership with Ready Readers, Bruce also donated 7,000 new, personalized copies of the book to preschool-age children in the Ready Readers program.
We are so grateful of Isaac Bruces overwhelming generosity and support of the Ready Readers program, states Lynn Yearwood, President of Ready Readers’ Board of Directors. It is through this type of graciousness that we are able to continue to work toward achieving our mission.
To see Isaac Bruce champion Ready Readers, watch Ready Readers new public service announcement at http://youtu.be/_KCacFy_jKk.
Thank you Mr. Bruce!
- Named as a Creative Volunteer Opportunity, Ladue News Feb. 2011.
- (Aug.) Ready Readers recognized at State Farm Go to Bat on-field ceremony at a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game. Executive Director, Lisa Greening, throws first pitch!
- Thanks to a generous donation from the Glendorn Foundation and several individuals in the St. Louis community, Ready Readers has established an endowment fund to ensure longevity and sustainability for the organization.
- Two area companies offered paid-time-off for their employees to read weekly to our children during the workday. Twenty (20) of the employees at Booksource, a locally owned business that sells new books and classroom collections to the education market, started reading for Ready Readers at the end of September. As of October 1, eleven (11) Ameren employees began volunteer reading.
- Ready Readers becomes an active member in the newly formed St. Louis Regional Early Childhood Council, Grace Hill’s St. Louis Children’s Initiative in North City, and Community Against Poverty, an organization led by the Jewish Community Relations Council currently focusing on helping early childhood centers. Ready Readers has joined Beyond Housing’s 24:1 Initiative, focused on creating Strong Communities, Engaged Families and Successful Children within the neighborhoods that comprise the Normandy School District.
Click the links below to read news stories featuring Ready Readers:
- Article in The St. Louis Business Journal about Ready Readers funding from the Spirit of St. Louis Womens Fund (September 2010)
- Article about the important partnership of Ready Readers in the South Side Day Nursery newsletter (September 2010)
- Barry Wehmiller Designs features Ready Readers as the Charity of the Month and discussed on Show Me St. Louis (September 2010)
- Executive Director Lisa Greening interviewed on local CBS show, Inside Edition about reading to young children (September 2010)
- Lisa Greening interviewed on local cable show City Corners (August 2010)
- Lisa Greening interviewed for 30 minutes on 106.5 The Arch about the Ready Readers program (August 2010)
- A finalist for PNCs Dollars Making a Difference contest. Received $2500 package of radio advertising on KHITS. Received coverage of event on Fox 2 News, KMOV Channel 4, St. Louis Business Journal and stltoday.com. (June 2010)
- Featured on front Page of Section B in the Webster-Kirkwood Times (April 2010)
- Featured in Better Business Bureaus Arches Charity eNews (Feb. 2010)
- Imaginary Theatre Companys benefit for Ready Readers promoted throughout St. Louis County highlighted in The St. Louis Jewish Light (February 2010)
- Announced as a Social Venture Partner with the Regional Business Council (December 2009)
- Website developer announces Ready Readers as contest winner for free website (December 2009)
- Ready Reader volunteer, Cornell Bond, announced as a finalist for the St. Louis Rams Volunteer Quarterback of the Year award (September 2009)
- Articles about new Executive Director, Lisa Greening, in The West End Word, St. Louis Post Dispatch, and The St. Louis Business Journal (September 2009)
- New Board members featured in The St. Louis Business Journal (September 2009)
- New Board member Keisha Patrick received front page article in The St. Louis American about Ready Readers. (September 2009)
- A St. Louis Jewish Light article about Ready Readers as a charity for Bar/Bat Mitzvah projects. (June 2009)
- Ladue News Charity of the Year finalist
- KMOX Charity Partner of the Month
- KFTK Radio Featured Charity (PSA)
- Article in The St. Louis Jewish Light (April 2008)
- Article in Indy’s Child -Indianapolis parenting magazine- (March 2008)
- L’Ecole Culinaire benefit – online publicity (2008, 2009, 2010)
- Participant in the National PTA Convention
- Article in St. Louis Jewish Light
- Certified by the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance
- Article & photo in St. Louis Commerce Magazine re. TALX Charitable Corp. grant
- Article in The St. Louis Post-Dispatch about Saigh Foundation grant
- Article in The St. Louis Jewish Light (5/06)
- Article & photo in North County Journal
- KMOV TV 3-part Angels 4 series (Vicki Newton arranged)
- Ready Readers added to Regionwise and Happenings4Youth web sites
- Article & photo in Youth in Need newsletter (8/05)
- Article & photo in St. Louis American
- Article & photos in St. Louis Magazine
- KWMU St. Louis on the Air panel (7/04)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch feature article & photo about Brandt’s work for Ready Readers
- St. Louis Business Journal: Giver’s Guide to Philanthropy (1/04)
- Women’s Law Association newsletter (fall, 2004)
- St. Louis Daily Record (photo & article) (fall, 2004)
- St. Louis County Parks Winter Wonderland newsletter
- United Way Volunteer Program Certification 2003- present
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Community Matters
- Ladue News picture and short article (4/03)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Community Matters quarter page feature article
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Community Matters half page feature article
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch 2 full page ads- all award nominations and congrats ads (FOCUS) for winning FOCUS St. Louis Award for Providing Quality Educational Opportunities
- Publication and sale of a book, A Mid-Winter Knight’s Dream, by Booksource to benefit Ready Readers with St. Louis Post-Dispatch ads regarding sale of book; feature article also (fall, 2000)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch feature article about Ready Readers and Parkway Central readers (10/00)
- South Side Day Nursery newsletter article and picture
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch feature article about Ready Readers/Parkway Central readers
- Holiday kick-off party at The Magic House (12/08)
- KSDK TV Volunteer Five Hotline * (1998-2002)
- Program started as a branch of Rolling Readers, USA (9/97)